Tez, a new payments app from Google has been launched in India very recently. This application allows the users to send and receive money directly from their bank accounts without having to use an online wallet. Users can make both online and offline payments using this application. This application is based on the Unified Payment Interface (UPI).
As of now, this Tez app from Google is available for both iOS and Android users as well. It is pretty simple to set up and use this app, let us just have a look at it.
- Download the Tez Android app from the Google playstore and install it
- Launch the application and choose a language to begin. The list of languages also includes regional languages. Then hit next on the top right corner of the screen
- Now, you need to enter the mobile number that has been registered with your bank account, tap on next, and grant a few permissions that the app asks you
- In the next page, Google will ask you to choose your email account and it will be used for creating your UPI id, tap the down arrow and select an email id that you wish to use
- In the next step, it will ask you to set screen lock for the app and you can choose to use the screen lock that you have been using for your device or else you can also set a separate PIN
- Google will now introduce you to the app and go through them
- After that tap on the Add bank account option on the top left corner of the screen and choose your bank
- Then the app will ask you to choose a PIN for your UPI id, tap on proceed, and provide it with the information on your debit card that it will ask you for
- Then confirm your debit card, you will receive an OTP which you need to enter and confirm in this step
You are now done with setting up the application, let us now see how to use this
- Tap on the new option at the bottom left corner of your screen and you will see two options account number and UPI ID, QR, Phone, select account number
- Then add the account information of the person to whom you wish to send
- In the next step, enter the amount you wish to send and click ok
- Then tap on proceed to pay and enter your UPI Pin to confirm the payment, once sent, the added account information will be saved in your app and you can just simply click on that to send from the next time
You can also send money using the other options UPI ID and QR or Phone number using this wonderful payments app from Google.