Google keyboard might be the default keyboard that is available for may stock android devices, where as many other mobile makers will have their very own keyboards. But, this android keyboard has lots of features that you might not be aware of. So, now I am going to tell you in brief some of the awesome features that might be useful to you.
- With the phone getting bigger, it might be sometimes uneasy or difficult for typing, this Google keyboard has solution for that, it has a one handed operation. This keyboard feature can be enabled by long pressing the comma key or the enter key. Then slide up to the icon that looks like a hand holding a phone and the phone’s keyboard will shift over. There will be a key on the side to shift the side and also a key to get back to the two handed keyboard.
- There are quite a lot of gestures available in the Google keyboard, Stop fumbling with the cursor and just swipe across the spacebar to make it easier. Another one is just sliding the delete key to the left will automatically delete the selected words after you release the key.
- Phones come in various sizes and shapes and the size of the keyboard may be a little big sometimes for your device, in such instances you can adjust the size of the keyboard. You will have this setting under the android keyboard
Keyboard Settings > Preferences > Keyboard Height
- You can change the look of the keyboard with the recent updates of the keyboard for the android versions of 5.1 or newer. There are colour themes that you can select and even a toggle key to enable key borders.
- This Google’s android keyboard has the number keypad that can be enabled by just tapping the special character key on the lower left corner of the keyboard and then the key with the numbers1-4just to the left of the spacebar, you will be presented with the number pad keyboard which consists of numbers with few numerical symbols.
So, I hope you make use of these awesome keyboard features.